The BID is offering a significant subsidy to the digital business crime prevention radio scheme.
Luton BID is fully aware that crime doesn’t stop at 5pm and start again at 8am. Some businesses operate day and night, so this scheme enables businesses to share intelligence and boost safety and security.
The radio scheme is available to all Luton BID businesses and will operate day and night and is managed by LBAC.
To enable businesses to join the scheme, Luton BID is offering to subsidise the hire of radios to any BID levy payer. This offer is on a first come first served basis.
The full cost for a radio and membership of the scheme will be £308 (annual radio rental is £208 and annual membership is £100).
If you are a BID levy payer and are up to date with your levy payments you will be able to claim money back as follows
• Business outside The Mall – £158 money back available
• Businesses inside The Mall – £79 money back available
(This difference in amount reclaimed is reflective of the different levels of levy percentage charges.)
To apply for a radio and join the scheme
Please contact Ian Holt at LBAC by emailing email@example.com or calling 01582 412636. As part of the package you will also have the opportunity to be trained on safe use of the radios and be asked to attend monthly LBAC meetings.
To claim your money back
Once you have registered as a member and paid your annual hire and membership fee, please contact the BID team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01582 510657 and request a Radio Scheme Subsidy Form.
Subject to the Terms & Conditions* of the subsidy, we will then reimburse the amount as shown above.
The launch of this new scheme helps fulfil one of the main objectives of Luton BID which is to develop one effective and inclusive business crime reduction programme for both evening and daytime businesses.
Terms & Conditions *
• Only businesses up to date with BID levy payments will be eligible for subsidy
• Businesses must attend 6 of the monthly LBAC meeting to qualify for any future subsidy
• Businesses must provide a member of staff to attend the training course (dates to be advised by LBAC) to qualify for any future subsidy
• Luton BID will subsidise the scheme to the amount of £9,000 in total and businesses applying after this point will receive subsidy only at the discretion of Luton BID