A skating rink and carousel will take centre stage on St George’s Square this Christmas, thanks to Luton Business Improvement District (BID) which is funding a host of festive events and attractions.
Luton BID’s festive fun highlights:
- A skating rink will return to St George’s Square from 16th December to 6th January, open from 12noon to 8pm, with skating sessions starting on the hour. Skating sessions will cost £4 for a 45 minute session. The rink will close at 4pm on Christmas Eve and will be closed for Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- The BID is also funding a spectacular vintage Christmas Carousel, open from 17th The old fashioned family favourite will be in St George’s Square until Christmas Eve.
- To entertain the crowds on the day of the Christmas lights switch-on event on 26th November Luton BID is funding characters from the hit children’s TV programme ‘Paw Patrol’, who will be meeting and greeting families and getting crowds from 3pm.
- Live performances from talented musicians and artists will entertain shoppers in St George’s Square from 12noon to 4pm on Saturday 10th December and Saturday, 17th
- There will be carol singing in St George’s Square from 1pm to 4pm on Christmas Eve.
Another highlight from Luton BID is the return of its free ‘Golden Ticket’ festive prize draw, with eight lucky shoppers set to win a share of £4,000 of vouchers.
Shoppers can enter by completing a Golden Ticket entry forms, found in the BID’s Christmas events flyer which will be available in all town centre businesses and shops from early November. Entry forms will also be published in the Luton on Sunday in the four weeks commencing 13th November.
Golden Ticket post boxes will be dotted around the town centre, with two located in The Mall and others in the Central Library, The Galaxy, the Travel Centre / Starbucks and The Hat Factory.
The two prize draws will take place on 28th November and 12th December and the winning vouchers must be spent in Luton town centre, ensuring the prize draw supports only businesses in the BID area. Winners will receive one £250 voucher for a national business and £250 of vouchers to spend in independent businesses.
You can also download the Golden Ticket entry form from the BID website: www.lutontowncentre.org