Luton Business Improvement District’s award-winning Tidy Days will return on Friday 9th October, 8.30am – 4pm.
The BID’s scheme – which was paused over the spring and summer months due to COVID-19 – will see town centre workers come together to litter pick and tidy, volunteering to give as much time as they can spare during the day. Social distancing measures will be in place throughout and individuals will be given COVID-19 protective equipment.
Fergus McLardy, Luton BID Project Manager says the aim of Luton BID’s Tidy Days is to help make a visible difference to the cleanliness of the town centre. “Our Luton BID Tidy Days encourage businesses to take pride in the environment in which they work,” he said.
“They really do bring town centre workers together, with a collective aim and responsibility to improve the local area. BID businesses have already been telling us how delighted they are that we can get them back up and running. We are now urging as many shops, venues and workers to volunteer as much time as they can on the day – either for the duration or just an hour or so.”
The Tidy Day will include an opportunity to network and refreshments will be provided at points throughout the day. Businesses that sign up will also receive promotion and recognition on social media for taking part.
- Name of Business/organisation and address (if applicable)
- Name, position, contact telephone number and email address for a nominated contact
- Potential number of participants (plus names if known at this stage)
- Confirmation as to whether you would be happy to provide a quote/speak to media before and/or after event
- Facebook, Instagram & Twitter address/tag (where appropriate)
The BID is also looking for an event sponsor – this business will receive additional publicity and mentions across all social media, e-bulletins, website and local media.