BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend comes to Luton
The flagship BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend music event will be held in Luton’s Stockwood Park during the second May bank holiday weekend in 2024 (24 to 26 May).
This is one of the UK’s most popular music festivals, attracting top artists, with thousands in attendance and millions watching on television. The event is set to give a massive boost to Luton’s economy and reputation, and will provide a number of opportunities for local people and businesses.
As in previous years, tickets for this event will be geographically weighted, with a share of tickets ring-fenced for local people. Information on when tickets will go on sale will be shared in the coming weeks at bbc.co.uk/bigweekend.
Radio 1’s Big Weekend Luton will take place on the weekend of Friday 24 to Sunday 26 May 2024. Details are listed below
- Friday 24 May 2024: gates open from 1pm with a 11pm finish
- Saturday 25 May 2024: gates open from 10:30am with a 10.30pm finish
- Sunday 26 May 2024: gates open from 10:30am with a 10.30pm finishThe schedule for each day is:
- Sound tests will take place on Thursday 23 May – timing to be confirmed in due course.
- The event is being organised by a team with a long track record of delivering major live music festivals and events.
- Like any large event, there will be some restrictions in place to keep people safe while the event is being set up on Thursday 9 May and taken down by Monday 3 June.
- Much of the park will remain available to visitors, apart from the days of the festival weekend. Details of park access during the festival weekend will be confirmed closer to the event.